|Town Office – Bylaw 560-03 – Golf Carts Within Town Limits|
A BYLAW OF THE TOWN OF ESTERHAZY, IN THE PROVINCE OF SASKATCHEWAN, TO PERMIT THE OPERATION OF GOLF CARTS ON THE PUBLIC HIGHWAYS WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THE TOWN OF ESTERHAZY.
THE COUNCIL of the Town of Esterhazy in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
1. It shall be lawful to operate a Golf Cart during the hours between sunrise and one half hour after sunset on all the public highways within the limits of the Town of Esterhazy, with the exception of, Highway #22 and that portion of Main Street between Highway #22 and Third Avenue.
2. Notwithstanding (1) it shall be lawful to operate a Golf Cart on Highway #22 and that portion of Main Street between Highway 22 and Third Avenue for the purpose of crossing the said highway.
3. Persons operating a Golf Cart on the public highways within the limits of the Town of Esterhazy must be using the Golf Cart for the sole purpose of transportation to and from the Golf Course, by the direct shortest distance between the Golf Course and where the Golf Cart is stored.
4. Golf Carts shall carry a slow moving warning device at the rear, as near to the centre as practicable with one side parallel to and not less than 300 millimetres nor more than 1200 millimetres from the ground.
5. No person shall operate a Golf Cart on the public highways within the limits of the Town of Esterhazy without a valid drivers license.
6. Any person who contravenes any of the provisions of this Bylaw is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of not less than $25.00 and not more than $100.00.
7. All personal and public liability will be the responsibility of the owner/operator of the said golf cart.
8. Bylaw No. 559 – 03 is hereby repealed.
9. This bylaw shall come into force and take effect upon approval thereof by the Highway Traffic Board.