The landfill site is closed Sunday and Monday and open Tuesday through to Saturday
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. year round
The Town of Esterhazy Landfill Site is located east of town on Hwy. #80
Landfill Site – Accepted Categories
Users need to be prepared to accept the regulations and the direction of the landfill operator. Waste must be separated and placed in the designated area. The Landfill Operator will be strictly enforcing this requirement.
Wastes which are accepted:
- Compost Area – Only grass & leaves
- Wood Area – Scrap wood, trees, branches, garden waste
- Rock Area – Only rocks, bricks, ceramic shingles
- Metal Area – All Metal objects including car bodies
- Battery Area – Only Batteries
- General Waste Area – All other waste
- Contaminated Soil – contact Town Office first
- Cardboard – Please use your blue recycle bin for cardboard or take it to Sarcan.
*Effective December 31, 2009 all Saskatchewan Landfills will no longer be accepting scrap tires.*
Please OBEY all signs at the Landfill Site
* All loads must be securely fastened *
Help Prevent Dutch Elm Disease
Regulations Prohibit Pruning Elm Trees from April 1st to August 31st
For more information call 1-800-Sask Elm
Landfill Site – Rates
Fees will be applicable to all collection haulers of Commercial and/or Industrial Wastes as well as Private Residents. Fees are doubled for Non- Residents.
Please remember to bring your resident card with you when going to the Landfill.
| Resident Fees
Non-Resident Fees are double the Resident Fees
For Resident & Non Resident
Esterhazy Sarcan – accepts bottles, cardboard and paper
- Located at 909-911 Gonczy Ave.
Located at the Landfill Site (free access), we accept:
- Used Motor Oil ~ up to 500 litres/delivery, no mimimum
- Used Oil Filters
- Used Oil Containers ~ under 30 litres in size
Garbage is removed from residential areas on a weekly basis. Households are required to provide metal, waterproof containers, sufficient to hold a week’s worth of garbage. All garbage is collected from the front and must be bagged.
Recycling update – July 14, 2014
We have just received the schedule for recycling pickup.